Saturday, November 19, 2011

Epilogue

So I haven't blogged in a long time. It's been a year and half. Here's what's happened, in order of ascending importance:

1. I am in my fourth year teaching at the school in which I work. I am back in the room in which I spent my first two years teaching, after having spent a year traveling around from room to room, supplies in tow.

2. Lily and Vincent are in their second year of attending said school. They are thriving.

3. I spent a year taking online courses through U.C., and I completed all the coursework for an ESL endorsement. I still need to submit the paperwork and take the standardized test.

4. (This feels like resolution to the story) I gave birth to my third child on June 27th of this year. Wow. What a journey to get there. When I miscarried in December of 2009, I suddenly knew how much I had wanted the baby I lost. I decided I would do anything to get another baby. So my doctor suggested surgery to remove my fibroid. I researched options and decided on a surgical procedure that my practice did not offer, the DaVinci myomectomy. It was purported to be easier than the traditional myomectomy, as it was laproscopic, robotic surgery. I found a wonderful new practice that offered this procedure. I went through said procedure. Then, when all was said and done, I had decided by September of 2011 that I was perfectly content with my life. I thought that I could live happily without a third child. Luckily, the powers that be decided that I should have another baby. So I had my baby about a year to the date after Peach's would-have-been birthday. Neil is a (cliche to say it)blessing. He's easy-going, happy, and adorable. Whew. t

This all feels like the epilogue to book one. I needed to write this so that I can begin book two.

No comments:

Post a Comment